Friday, September 21, 2012

A little about me


 this is the marblehead/swmpscott Bluefish for the special olympics and my fellow coaches !! ( Im on the right side in the white shorts). This was taken last year, before we got to swim at
Harvard University  for the Special Olympics!




Hi everybody! My name is Lindsey. I’m a sophomore/junior at SSU double majoring in Special Education and Psychology to be a behaviorist. I’m creating this blog for my premise of school class. I decided I wanted to become a behaviorist, after the following year I graduated high school.  I took a year off from school to really think about my career choice, since I was really confused. I began teaching an adaptive swim class at a local YMCA where I work as a swim coach, lifeguard, and a swim instructor.  There was only one class, and it started off with only 5 kids. Now there are 3 classes, one for youth age, 5 and under, and training for the Special Olympics’ swim team. Each class has about 8-12 kids in each class! It is very rewarding working with them, even though sometimes it is very difficult.  They are the happiest kids, and truly make my day.
this is a movie i watched in my intro special ed class 

It is a documentary on people who have disabilities. It is sad to watch in some scenes, but it encouraged me to finish my masters.





No comments:

Post a Comment